Is it too hot? Time to get your splash on and everybody get into the pools.
Here is a quick glance of hours, days and costs.
• Del Norte Pool is open from noon to 6 p.m. daily, except Mondays. Del Norte pool is free for ages 3 years and younger and 62 and older and $2 for ages 4 to 61.
• Humble Park Pool, on Grimes Street closer to downtown, is open noon to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday – Friday and noon to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Admission to Humble Pool is $2 for age 18 – 61.
• All the splash pads in the city are open seven days a week from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Hobbs City Park, Washington Park, Jefferson Park, Mills Elementary and Taylor Elementary.
• CORE — All pools at the CORE on North Lovington Highway have extended hours during the summer months. All the pools at the CORE will open at noon, except on Mondays.
• All Hobbs pools — Del Norte Park, Humble Park and the CORE — are closed on Mondays to allow for in-service training.
And for the first time in a few years, Hobbs isn’t having to deal with the nation-wide shortage of lifeguards.
“Fortunately we had a really good turnout for lifeguards this year,” Michel Hughes, city recreation superintendent, said. “It hasn’t always been that way. But it’s kind of an issue all over the place, we’re not unique in any regards in having enough lifeguards.”
• The Lovington Health and Wellness Center pool will be open for lap swim 5 – 9 a.m. and 5 – 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, and for public swim from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday – Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
Use of the Wellness Center pool is free for members, while non-members will pay $3 for age 14 and younger and $7 for age 15 and older.
• The Jal Aquatic Center, located across from Jal Elementary School, 307 E. Utah, will be open 1 – 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday for open swim and for adult only swim 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday. Admission for the Jal pool is $2 for students and $3 for 18 and older, said pool manager Christy Little. Season passes are also available at $30 for students and $40 for adults, she said.
• The splash pad, water slide and pool are all available during open swim hours.
Admission for the Jal pool is $2 for students and $3 for 18 and older, said pool manager Christy Little.
• The city of Eunice Aquatic Center at 1702 11th St. is open noon to 5 p.m. Wednesday – Saturday and 1 – 6 p.m. Sunday. The facility is closed Monday and Tuesday, according to the city website. Admission is $2 per person, with children 4-years and younger and adults 60-years and older free. Individual season passes are $50.