Area Realtors had a big year in 2021.
Several Realtors were rewarded for their selling ability at the Lea County Real Estate Professionals Awards Banquet held Feb. 4 at the Hobbs Country Club.
Among the winners were Josue Palacios of United Realty, who was named Rookie of the Year; and Matthew Smith of CORE Realty, who was named Realtor of the Year.
Palacios recorded more than $7.9 million in sales after having worked only a year in the industry. He participates in the Homes for Heroes program and is an active member of the Lea County Real Estate Professionals (LCREP).
Smith is no stranger to the real estate game. He began his journey in 2017 with winning of the Rookie of the Year Award — after having reached multi-million dollar producer in his first year.
In 2018, he started managing rental and investment properties, which eventually lead to Smith to starting his own company — CORE Property Management. In 2021, Smith launched CORETX which services Texas. This year, Smith sold more than $11 million in homes.
“It’s great to see that many brokers being celebrated and that many awards being handed out especially during these times. I just want to congratulate the recipients of the awards and I am proud of all of their accomplishments. As far as the awards given, this one of the largest,” said outgoing LCREP President Laura Davis of the banquet.
Fifty-four real estate agents received awards based on sales.
Six categories of awards were given to agents who recorded certain levels of sales in 2021. The $1,000,000 plus award was given to agents who sold $1 million to $1,999,999. The $2,000,000 plus award was given to agents who sold $2 million to $4,999,999 in sales. The $5,000,000 if for those who achieved $5 million to $9,999,999 in sales. The $10,000 plus award was given to those who sold $10 million to $14,999,999 in sales. The $15 million plus award is for those who sold $15,000,000 to $19,999,999 in sales and the $20 million plus award was for the agent who sold $20 million or more.
2021 winners and honorees:
• $1 million plus – Crystal Chavez, Kyla Davis, Beca Gabaldon, Josie Marquez, Alejandra Molinar, Fabian Contreras, Jennifer Contreras, Kerry Griffin, Mary Murphy, Katt Nieto, Leah Red, Joanna Reeves, and Drew Salcido.
• $2 million plus – Melanie Blanchard, Mikal Calhoon, Karla Cortez, Mireya Estrello, Monica Gutierrez, Lisa Melendez, Nancy Palacios, Kamie Rivas, Cassandra Rosa, Denise Ross, Jason Scott, Becca Smith, Pam Willis, Madyson Zamora, Mario Anchondo, Joslyn Bales, Linda Black-wood, Karina Bonilla, Raquel Brusuelas, Jenell McNew, Beth Myers, and Dusty Robinson.
• $5 million plus – Tracy Coleman, Hannah Davis, Laura Davis, Allie Eteer, Ariel Guerra, Mayte Holguin, Haley Kinney, Josue Palacios, Raquel Sandoval, Martha Thomas, and Ruby Norton.
• $10 million plus – Ashley Pratt, Matthew Smith, and Debbie Dominguez.
• $15 million plus – Rodney Davis, Cindy Shoobridge, Kali Taylor, and Robbie Robinson.
• $20 million plus – LeeRoy Rivas.
The incoming 2022 LCREP Board was also recognized as: President Gretchen Koether; Vice President Tracy Coleman; Secretary Beth Myers; Treasurer Mayte Holguin; Past President Laura Davis; Director Josue Palacios; Director Pam Willis; Director Becca Smith.